Thursday, September 15, 2011

August 2011 - Last minute mods before Florida trip!


Lots of Last minute Mods in the last half of August!


I quickly added new shelves and drawers to Galactica in an effort to make storage easier to get to when using the Galley. No more tubs buried with plates and silverware in them.

Now we have drawers which lock closed and add a homey feeling inside since we tend to cruise and gunkhole a lot in our area. The drawers all stayed closed during sustained 40 degree healing out on the ICW in Florida!

I added a "pantry" with shelf for plates, big drawer for utensils and pantry storage.


Drawers and shelf added to the table.





Angie bought this plastic drawer for under the table and it worked great!



I added shelves in the vberth for books, phones, water bottles, etc....


-----
I replaced the 4 1/2 foot anchor chain on the Danforth with a 24 foot anchor chain!


-----
Fellow sailors in the MTLSA sailing association have mentioned the lack of Port info on Galactica... So I ordered inexpensive port decals from Speedysigns.com and installed it onto the Stern Helm Seat:

1. I removed the seat and brought it into the dining room; then tape it in position.


2. next, I used one of Angie's special cooking utensils to smooth out the bubbles...


3. Next, I peeled back the backing and remounted the seat:


-----

The next mod was to rebuild the carriage for the salute cannon to something more nautical looking and on an adjustable platform which I could tie to the Bow Cleats.

The old maple carriage is visible. Here I'm cutting out the new Oak carriage:


I test mounted the new cannon/platform.


Finally, I stained it and re-assembled the Cannon:


----

The last mod was literally done at midnight before we left for our Florida trip! Angie and people with shorter arms, had troubles climbing up the swim ladder. I installed this new swim ladder grab bar in record time!!



And here it is with the ladder closed. I added 2" aluminum bar on the inside as a 'washer' to strengthen the grab bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
MacGregor/Venture Sailboats Community
Powered By Ringsurf