Wednesday, April 18, 2012

more mods: speakers, rudder blocks and a cleat!


Yesterday evening,  I added a polycleat on the port side so that I can neatly hang the roller furler's line while underway.

New PolyCleat for furler line

Angie has a difficult time raising the rudders and the daggerboard when they are down and full of water.  In an effort to make the rudders manageable by her plus make it easier for me, I've added two blocks to each rudder line.
Rudders re-rigged!


I moved the line from the lift side of the rudders to the old factory padeyes from the original lifelines.  I added a short line to the rudder with a block at the end. 

 The rudder line goes through a block hanging from built in rings on the stern rail seats down through the lower rudder block and back up to the padeye.
Hole for port speaker...
Hole for Starboard speaker...


New Speakers!
Tonight,  I installed two marine speakers out in the cockpit and routed all the speaker wire behind bulkheads up to the stereo!  That took several hours.   If it doesn't rain,  I'll pull Galactica out tomorrow evening, raise the mast and begin some more rigging mods!


Our Sailing Association is having the season kick off party this weekend.  I hope it doesn't rain so that we can put Galactica and get some sail time!!!










1 comment:

  1. how do I put speakers where you put them, I do not know how to get the wires down from there.

    ReplyDelete

 
MacGregor/Venture Sailboats Community
Powered By Ringsurf